Monday, February 17, 2014

My top 5 project proposals

It was not easy. In fact, it has been very hard to select just five among the twenty five project proposals in the CS 460 class. I would like to congratulate all my classmates for their projects, because from my point of view, we did a great effort trying to boost up and promote our proposals following a common approach that has come up several times during the last weeks: believability.

I think there were awesome ideas that will not finally be implemented, but I tried to focus my votes on the originality and usability, always keeping in mind in which project I would like to participate taken into account my skills and preferences. Therefore, this is my top 5:

1. Carpooling 505 - Fernando Serrano: It may seems "over self-confident", but sincerely, I would like to see my idea working in the real world, even though I do not take part into the project. Besides, despite not being an idea that "will change the world", I am completely sure that it could be very useful for the Albuquerque inhabitants.

2. Demigod - Matt Smith: Nice pitch! I felt particularly attracted by this novel idea, as well as the way Matt introduced the project to the rest of the class. I definitely would like to join this project!

3. Powderade - Kishore Jogia: Honestly, I am keen on snow sports, and this project sounds really good for me. In addition, I think it is an interesting way to compete with your friends while you enjoy getting to know ski resorts.

4. Carbon Counter 5000 - Ben Mixon-Baca: I would never in my life had thought in a carbon gamification. Apart from being an very original idea, it could contribute to reduce pollution while people enjoy playing a game.

5. Mechanapp - James Vickers: This could be a really helpful application for mechanics. Putting together all the experience and knowledge of them, it would be easier to figure out how to fix a car problem. Great idea!

Good luck to all the participants!

No comments:

Post a Comment